Wednesday, March 31, 2010

my first poem i ever wrote!



I was talking to my friend the other day and he had an assignment to do for creative writing and the insturctions said something about how with every word and new image is created and words being added to a phrase change and image. So i thought how i could use that and change the one word of. "WOMAN" then i just started brainstorming and my friend actually mentioned some words and i put it together. took a while.. My friend mentioned the word victimized and i thought how perfect it would be in the end.. after all of the words are added to the body the ending statement changing to VICTIMIZED WOMAN.. and starting with just WOMAN...

So i wrote this poem its the first time i ever wrote one so i hope that you all like it. I wanted it to be POWERFUL and really capture the attention of the audience because it is all about rape. I think i did a good job portraying what I wanted to... what do you think?? i had this image of the words within a girls figure and i came up with this.. i worked on it for a while and had help from someone in the lab .. her name was melissa and she showed me how to do it all.
What do you all think??

-Jen

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    I like this very much. I'd love to hear what other designers have to say about the way that you've laid this out.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete